Monday 9 August 2010

Legia - Arsenal post-game interview with Łukasz Fabiański, video and translation

How do you like idea of learning foreign language by watching video interviews with players and reading translations? I catched some Spanish and Portuguese that way, thanks to Monica08's translations. Can recognize some words now.

Here's post-game interview with Łukasz Fabiański, Arsenal's goalkeeper, given after Legia - Arsenal game which was at last Saturday, provided with translation. An occasion to catch some Polish, perhaps?


The question is inaudible. Most likely it's about what Fabiański thinks about Legia performance in the match.

W ofensywie super, w defensywie... Powiem tak, przez ten pierwszy okres, pierwszą połowę, myślę, że narzucili wysokie tempo. - Great in the attack, but in the defence... I say, in this first part, in the first half, I think they put us under a lot of presssure.

Says "give us some space" and "bye, bye" to Arsene Wenger, Arsenal's coach, who passes by. Fabiański splited up with the team. He didn't came back with rest to London, as he is called-up for the friendly Poland - Cameroon.

Narzucili wysokie tempo w pierwszej połowie, chociaż sądzę, że my też również jako zespół nie za dobrze rozpoczęliśmy to spotkanie, tę pierwszą połowę. - They made the game very fast in the first half, but I think that we, as the team, we didn't start this match too well, this first half.

Natomiast druga połowa, Legia już mimo wszystko chyba trochę opadła z sił pod względem fizycznym i my to jakoś wykorzystaliśmy. - On the contrary the second half, when Legia started losing strenghts, the shape, we made use of it.

Mecz stał się bardzo otwarty. - The match (game) became very open.

Padło jedenaście bramek. - Eleven goals were scored.

Another question almost inaudible. Seems that the journalist asks if he is happy of his performance.

Nie, no wiadomo, że druga bramka... Co do pierwszej, co do trzeciej... Ktoś mi podstawił nogę, nie wiem czy to był mój zawodnik, czy... - Well, about that second goal... That first one, and the third one... Someone tripped me up, I don't know if it was my own player, or... [I think it was one of Arsenal players, it seems so in the video highlights]

Później rozmawiałem z sędzią, sędzia mówił, że zostałem przyblokowany. Mówię, że nie zostałem przyblokowany, bo ruszyłem do piłki i w ostatnim momencie ktoś mi po prostu podstawił nogę. - I talked to the refeere later. The refeere told that I was blocked. I said I was not blocked, I rushed to clear the ball and in the last moment someone had just tripped me up.

Więc to na pewno kładzie cień na moją grę w dzisiejszym spotkaniu, natomiast te dwie pierwsze... Znaczy, pierwsza i trzecia bramka... ciężko było cokolwiek zrobić. - Well, for sure it casts shadows on my today's performance, but those two first goals... I mean, that first and third goal... It was hard to do anything.
blog comments powered by Disqus