Tuesday 27 July 2010

"Whoever comes, he better know that he'll be my second goalkeeper", says Frey



Monica08 found an interesting article at http://www.tuttosport.com/ page about Sebastian Frey and his attitude to his club plans to sign a new goalkeeper. He is seems to be almost offended by the fact the Fiorentina hired Boruc. Below is her translation of this news.

According to Tuttosport.it July 21 2010.

Frey has been the indisputable #1 goalkeeper at Fiorentina since 2005. So why in the world did Fiorentina on June 12 2010 bother to go look for other top goalkeepers abroad??

In short, once Frey knew that Fiorentina was looking for another top goalkeeper he "complained" to the media. Fiorentina didn't like it and fined him! Fiorentina did it to provide Frey with more challenges and motivation (stimuli in Italian) but apparently Frey took Boruc' signing personally.

Frey's quote:
12 June - "My future, I still see it at Firenze. I am doing very well here. I have 3 more years left in my contract. Even if my [Fiorentina] sporting director is looking for other goalkeepers, I will stay here. I think I showed what I'm worth all these years and my love for the shirt. I don't understand how can one search for another goalkeeper when one has Frey as the #1goalkeeper [titolare]. The money will have to be spent in another manner. All these rumors have surprised me. In any case, whoever [new goalkeeper signing] comes, he better know that he'll be my second [goalkeeper] because I still have lots of willingness to play. I am convinced that I'm still important for my club [Fiorentina].

Meanwhile today the new Fiorentina manager was presented and he said "There is still time to decide. They are two great goalkeepers, it will be up to them.". Source: http://www.tuttosport.com.




Boruc of Frey? Who is going to win this competition?
blog comments powered by Disqus