Sunday 5 June 2011

A video interview with Wojciech Szczęsny

Wojciech Szczęsny, the goalkeeper of Arsenal and Polish national team, gave a short interview before upcoming friendly games against Argentina and France in Warsaw.


Wojtek, if one looks on the sheet of paper: Argentina, France, it seems that they are the opponents one can dream of.

Well, I think so. I think that only playing in such games we can prepare to Euro well. Even if they are not playing with they strongest squads. The Legia's stadium is going to be full of people, the atmosphere is going to be fun. It will give us the adrenaline we need to play on the hiher level than lately.

Did you talk with Samir Nasri before setting out on those matches?

I've talked with the colleagues. They are three [from Arsenal] who are called up and generally it's obvious that they would prefer to not play this game because they have the most important one on Friday and they would like to go on vacations after it. But now they have to come here to play a friendly. So I think that we are going to be more motivated.

I would rather prefer to play in Gdańsk. The first game is in Warsaw, it would be better if we played the second one on the opening of the new stadium. But I'm sure that there is going to be a great atmosphere in Warsaw as well and that it's going to be a good game.

Can you show your finger? Is it well?

It hurst sometimes. But I'm able to catch a ball so there is no problem.

Do you wear special gloves with finger protection?

Yes, I used to wear them but now I'm playing in normal ones on my own responsibility. I hope that nothing like that injury is going to happen again.

Are you going to have any special rehabilitation during the vacations?

No, the finger has to heal on its own and I hope that sooner or later everything is going to be well.
blog comments powered by Disqus