Saturday 16 June 2012

Before the game: Czech Republic - Poland



Expecations, expectations, expecations...

I don't know if Poland wins today. I think that there is chance, but it's up to the players if they are going to use it.

But no matter what the result is going to be, I'm happy that I finally saw the team, where players back up each other, who play together and try to do their best. And the last game in the group is not a game without a stake.

*

Meanwhile, because it's a blog dedicated to goalkeepers, it's worth to notice that the whole country was discusssing wheter the coach Franiszek Smuda should choose Wojciech Szczęsny or Przemysław Tytoń to play in the game against Czech Republic. Szczęsny was unquestionable number 1 in the goal, but was ruled out by red card. Tytoń was only a deputy, but saved a penalty in a crucial moment in the game against Greek. He has played also a good game against Russia.

Eventaully it was decided that Tytoń is going to play. Good choice? Bad? Must say I was a bit more after Tytoń, as I have a soft spot for the goalkeepers who save penalties. I think that both goalkeepers are on the similar level when it comes to skills, but Tytoń just deserved the place in the squad for his solid performance on the tournament. Hope he is going to do fine today.
blog comments powered by Disqus